All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Centenary - Packaged Flights From North America to Ghana
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 
Admin

First Name: A.
Last Name: Admin
Year Group: 1980
House: Ebiradze
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OkscWcowcR-cPM:http://www.futurastudios.com/flightAOBA-NA is in the process of arranging packaged (group) flights from selected North American cities (Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Washington DC, Toronto) to Ghana for the centenary celebrations in July 2010. The final packages are still in the works but will include:
3 or 2 week roundtrip flights to Accra with 3 day hotel accommodation at a hotel/resort in Cape Coast or Elmina (if required). The hotel accomodation will coincide with the weekend of the centenary celebration.

http://www.adisadelonline.com/picts/update19.gif
Nov 13, 2009: The latest information we have from our Travel Agent for the group package is as follows:

- We need at least 10 plus passengers from each departing city (i.e. LA, DC, JFK, Dalls, Atlanta etc.)
    - Each passenger is to pay $200.00 US to lock in the group rate.
    - Passengers will pay the regular fare if there are less than 10 passengers from each departing city
    - The package will enable groups of Santaclausians to travel together - which will be nice
    - The deposit is needed asap because there are limited amount of low fares on all airlines.
    - The airlines being proposed are:

- Delta - NorthWest - KLM (these are all one corporation)
    - British Airways (a bit expensive)
    - Lufthansa

- Those who have a particular airline in mind, would need to find 10 people to utilize the deposit and hold package, or they can purchase their individual package without making the deposit.
    - The prices given below are prices for a particular day only, to give Santas an idea of what we will be working with.
    - Airline prices change frequently, and is only available when we put the group deposit down or actually purchase the ticket.
    - Please do note that airlines are not that flexible, so please don't wait till the last minute!
    - We will advice interested Santaclausians as to where they can make payment for the deposits
    - After the deposit is made, full and final payments will be due 60 days to departure. From day 59 forward, deposits are not refundable.
    -Confirmation of headcount needed by 30th. November 2009

Package Options
Package 1: Three (3) week roundtrip flight
Flight Departure: Monday July 5, 2010
Flight Return: Monday July 26, 2010
Optional Hotel Stay: Three (3) nights stay at Elmina Beach Resort, Cape Coast
July 16, 17, & 18. Check out: Monday, July 19, 2010

Package 2: Two (2) week roundtrip flight
Flight Departure: Monday July 12, 2010

As of Wed. 4 Nov. 2009 the round-trip flight fares for a few of the major cities to Accra July 6-27, 2010 are as shown below. Anyone interested is expected to sign up to lock in the price asap. Remember, these prices are not final until a deposit of $200.00 is made. There is an additonal charge of $350 for the lodging on July 16-19, 2010 at either Cape Coast or Elimina. These are round-trip fares from the cities mentioned below:

Washington - $1367
    JFK - $1555
    LA - $1753
    Dallas - $1744
    Chicago - $1535
    Atlanta - $1728
    Vancouver - $2715
    Toronto - $2613

If you will be interested in this group package and/or you have comments please reply to this message or send an email message asap to: webmaster@adisadelonline.com

thanks.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Centenary - Packaged Flights From North America to Ghana
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 
Pre-School
Pre-School

First Name: Fiifi
Last Name: Sam
Year Group: 1994
House: Hamlyn
Nick Name: Longospringi
The announcement says negotiations are on-going so I'm guessing we'd have to wait till the final deal is reached. In the meantime, what should I make of the prices listed from those cities? Will they be any different from the package deal?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 
Admin

The prices are based on how many people sign-up and pay a deposit to indicate that they are seriously interested in a deal. We cannot negotiate without a head-count. The prices are to give you an idea of the fare to enable you make up your mind. The actual price may go up or down depending on how many people sign up...but we do not anticipate a huge difference in the listed price. Without knowing how many Santas are interested in the package, it becomes difficult to negotiate a price.

One of the conditions which works to reduce the price is to have at least 10 passengers from each departing location (city). We will be posting the number of sign-ups from each city to help others make up their minds.

Air fares are constantly changing depending on various factors which we cannot go into. We would like to lock-in a price that looks reasonable ahead of time. The fluctuations in price are so unpredictable that it amounts to some risk taking.

We cannot sit and wait and hope that a final deal is made without knowing who wants to travel. If the current prices look reasonable to you, please sign up. By signing up, you will be contributing to the final deal. The head-count is very important in this situation.

Also remember that the Centenary is during the peak air travel period when prices are usually very high. On top of that there is also the 2010 Fifa World Cup which ends just before our Centenary Celebration. Basically July 2010 is going to be a busy period for travel.

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 
Admin

The posted flight package does not include the trip from Accra to Cape Coast. There has been a suggestion to include transportation between Accra and Cape Coast e.g. charter a bus for that purpose. This can be arranged if we get enough interested Santas.

Again please sign up and let us know asap to help the AOBA Transportation Committee get these arrangements finalized.

Thank You.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 
Pre-School
Pre-School

Guys please tell your fellow santas about this package deal. Besides the fact that the fares are cheap considering it's the peak season for air travel, it will also be fun to be on a flight with lots of santas to reminisce about the good old days during the 12 hour flight. :lol:
I already forwarded the email I got from the administrator to all santaclausians in my email list. I also post this announcement on Ghanaweb just incase some santaclausians are on that site. 8 months will be here before we know it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 
Admin

The latest information we have from our Travel Agent for the group package is as follows:

- We need at least 10 plus passengers from each departing city (i.e. LA, DC, JFK, Dalls, Atlanta etc.)
    - Each passenger is to pay $200.00 US to lock in the group rate.
    - Passengers will pay the regular fare if there are less than 10 passengers from each departing city
    - The package will enable groups of Santaclausians to travel together - which will be nice
    - The deposit is needed asap because there are limited amount of low fares on all airlines.
    - The airlines being proposed are:

- Delta - NorthWest - KLM (these are all one corporation)
    - British Airways (a bit expensive)
    - Lufthansa

- Those who have a particular airline in mind, would need to find 10 people to utilize the deposit and hold package, or they can purchase their individual package without making the deposit.
    - The prices given below are prices for a particular day only, to give Santas an idea of what we will be working with.
    - Airline prices change frequently, and is only available when we put the group deposit down or actually purchase the ticket.
    - Please do note that airlines are not that flexible, so please don't wait till the last minute!
    - We will advice interested Santaclausians as to where they can make payment for the deposits
    - After the deposit is made, full and final payments will be due 60 days to departure. From day 59 forward, deposits are not refundable
    -Confirmation of headcount needed by 30th. November 2009.

Package Options
Package 1: Three (3) week roundtrip flight
Flight Departure: Monday July 5, 2010

Package 2: Two (2) week roundtrip flight
Flight Departure: Monday July 12, 2010

thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 
Pre-School
Pre-School

On November 10th, I responded to the email that said to send name, address and originating city to webmaster@adisadelonline.com but haven't heard anything yet. :o Am I missing something? I gave my info as requested and I mentioned I will be departing from Chicago. I was hoping to at least get an email acknowledging mine. It will be difficult for us to get the needed numbers to qualify for the package if we can't communicate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 
Admin

Please use the following link to pay for the deposit of $200.00. Add enough information about yourself and departure city when suing the form for your payment:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9859983

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 
Admin

Longospringi,

I have responded to all the emails I have received so far concerning the packaged flights. If you have not received any message from me, please send me an email (webmaster@adisadelonline.com) including your phone number and I will give you a call one of these evenings.

What is your email address?

thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 
JJC
JJC

First Name: John
Last Name: Ackah
Year Group: 1995
House: Knight
Administrator wrote:
Longospringi,

I have responded to all the emails I have received so far concerning the packaged flights. If you have not received any message from me, please send me an email (webmaster@adisadelonline.com) including your phone number and I will give you a call one of these evenings.

What is your email address?

thanks.

Sorry I never received any email and I have sent about 4 or 5 emails to you and I sent one again today making it the 6th email so far.